CIMA Case Study
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2011 Unseen Released
prioritisation EmptySun May 29, 2011 4:45 am by Admin

» Mock 3 Answer Released
prioritisation EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:32 am by matt

» IT Problem
prioritisation EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:18 am by gazb

» Diversity points in the exam
prioritisation EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:27 am by homan82

» Mock 2 answer
prioritisation EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:26 am by Munir

» Mock 3 Released
prioritisation EmptySat May 21, 2011 11:00 pm by Moderator1

» Mock 2 released
prioritisation EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:33 am by udeshiw

» Discussion Of Issues- Section 4
prioritisation EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:57 pm by superstar

» Business Valuation Practice
prioritisation EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:13 pm by Moderator1

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

prioritisation

+2
daheff
W-Pradeep
6 posters

Go down

prioritisation Empty prioritisation

Post  W-Pradeep Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:37 pm

please guide me regarding the requirement part in the CIMA T4 CASE study.

1. if we are required to wirte the report to finance director OR HR director, then is the issues prioritisation different to that of BOD?
2. if so should we have to take the issues and its impact according to the personel we are requried to address?
eg- could be a big HR issue ( staff -lack of mortivation) not a top priority ,if we are subject to write to finance director? Question

best regards

W-Pradeep

Back to top Go down

prioritisation Empty Re: prioritisation

Post  daheff Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:39 am

I'm having lots of issues with prioritisation...if anybody has a foolproof method please let me know Sad

daheff

Back to top Go down

Post  superstar Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:18 am

I'm encountering the same problem. Evil or Very Mad

superstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator 2 Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:49 am

W-Pradeep wrote:please guide me regarding the requirement part in the CIMA T4 CASE study.

1. if we are required to wirte the report to finance director OR HR director, then is the issues prioritisation different to that of BOD?
2. if so should we have to take the issues and its impact according to the personel we are requried to address?
eg- could be a big HR issue ( staff -lack of mortivation) not a top priority ,if we are subject to write to finance director? Question

best regards

Good Morning Everyone

Have seen some examiners who like to change the report requirement where you need to address your report to different individual. Irrespective of the reader of the reader (to whom report is addressed) all what we need to have in our mind is the report is written about a company (in this case BZCS) therefore what issues you write are the PRIORITY issues for the company, not for the reader. Therefore there is no difference in the prioritization, depending on to whom you address the report.

However, your perspective may differ based on to whom you write the report.

Secondly, (actualy more importantly) dont forget what can change on the exam day (1st March) is not only to whom you write the report, but your position can also be changed. On the exam day you may not be the Management Accountant for BZCS but you may be the Management Accountant for BeeZed (The parent company) or a company who is trying to acquire BeeZed.

Yet, dont forget you will always write the report about BZCS.

Moderator 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator 2 Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:56 am

daheff wrote:I'm having lots of issues with prioritisation...if anybody has a foolproof method please let me know Sad

YES there is a method. But before that may I ask why do you need a FOOLPROOF methos for prioritization. As T 4 always appreciate different order of issues and marks are awarded for any order, as long as it's justified. Accoridngly, there is no need to find the BEST METHOD or EXAMINERS METHOD or BPP METHOD, becasue you can pass the exam based on YOUR METHOD as long as you have justified your order.

But to answer your question (which is why I am around) below is the method.

1. Preapre a list of issues. 2. Preapre a chart to mark IMPACT and URGENCY for each issue. 3. Then fill the chart based on Very High, Medimum and Low. 4. Then do the order based on Impact

This looks simple and this is simple, but do this for few mocks then you will be good enough to pass T 4.

I feel what you need to confidence and please build this within you

I am sure you can

Moderator 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Gobi Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Dear Moderator,

K ur feedback sounds good & helpful, but what my query is, if there are 5 to 8 issues on the unseen material, under what basis we should prioritize?? the impact, urgency matrix definatley help us but it has the outcome for all the 8 issues isnt?? how can we select the top 4 or 5 issues that have to written in the report??

For ex:- if there is an acquisition offer, Key supplier solvency, etc

Gobi

Back to top Go down

prioritisation Empty Prioritisation

Post  andrew Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:58 am

I also have the same issue. Shocked

andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down