CIMA Case Study
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2011 Unseen Released
Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix EmptySun May 29, 2011 4:45 am by Admin

» Mock 3 Answer Released
Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:32 am by matt

» IT Problem
Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:18 am by gazb

» Diversity points in the exam
Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:27 am by homan82

» Mock 2 answer
Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:26 am by Munir

» Mock 3 Released
Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix EmptySat May 21, 2011 11:00 pm by Moderator1

» Mock 2 released
Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:33 am by udeshiw

» Discussion Of Issues- Section 4
Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:57 pm by superstar

» Business Valuation Practice
Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:13 pm by Moderator1

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix

3 posters

Go down

Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix Empty Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix

Post  daheff Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:05 pm

I'm struggling a little on this one. below is what I have...can anyone give me some feedback on what I have?

Stakeholder analysis

High Power & High Interest
BeeZed (Institutional Investors)- High Owner of BZCS. Looking for subsidiary to add profit to its bottom line (directly though project profits or by construction that leads to profits for BZBSS
Government (OFT) – Interested in ensuring that public tenders are not artificially inflated in price and that public gets value for money

Treatment: - Key Players

High Power & Low interest
EU - Programme to reduce waste.
Clients- Interested in receiving high quality projects and on time (and safe for workers)

Treatment: - Keep Satisfied

Low Power & High Interest
Staff – Company recently restructured. 1800 jobs lost. Is restructure finished?
Suppliers- Want to keep BCZS business (new procurement system)

Treatment: -Keep informed

Low Power & Low Interest
General Public- Interested in company reducing waste and constructing projects that are carbon/energy efficient
Competitors – Interested in Tender prices / contracts won
Small Shareholders- Interested in company being profitable (last 2 years made 43.3 m- low ROCE).

Treatment: -Minimal effort

daheff

Back to top Go down

Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix Empty Mendelow's Matrix

Post  Moderator1 Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:52 pm

Seems OK to me. You don't have to think too much on it. Memorise approximately 2 stakeholders per each quadrant from the pre seen. What is more important is to update it according to the unseen, unseen might change the status of a stakeholder. Suppose there is a Strike by general public regarding the quality if a newly built road! Shocked
Then we can say that their interest is high, power is low, sometimes the power also can be high (depends on the potential outcome of the strike).
And you need to refer it in your main report when discussing issues!

Moderator1

Back to top Go down

Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix Empty Re: Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix

Post  Mobali Mososu Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:09 am

May I just add a few things though.....
High Power & High Interest
I feel buyers have high power and high interest. In the preseen material, they have high bargaining power. Interest is high too because besides them being the initiators, they will only see the quality after the project is completed. So they live with that risks until the project is completed.
Project staff(Engineers and others) can also be included here. In the event that they decide to go on strike, the whole project is goes to the halt. They have high interest as success of the project will mean their CVs also..motivation(self actualisation)
Low Power & High Interest
General support staff e.g finance
General public...see my comment below...
[b]Low Power & Low Interest

General Public- .....it depends on the type of the project, for example the general public would very interested in the hospital project rather than an office building.
Basketball

Mobali Mososu

Back to top Go down

Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix Empty Mendelow's Matrix

Post  Moderator1 Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:10 pm

Insightful comments! Yes, the power and the interest of a stakeholder group depends on the issue, so decide it with the unseen. Don't do pre prepared Mendelow's matrices, always try to update it!!!

Moderator1

Back to top Go down

Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix Empty Re: Stakeholder analysis -Mendelow matrix

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum